Monday, September 7, 2009

First Dancing

Yesterday, John and I went out to Blount Park, specifically Shakespeare’s Garden (which would, incidentally, be a lovely place for a wedding).   We went there so that we could practice our First Dance.  

The choreography is a bit loose.  We have a couple of elements to put in, and we need to decide where those elements are going.  However, it’s Foxtrot and Triple Time Swing.   We are fans of the Swing, but not so much the Foxtrot.   (Actually, I’m starting to like the Foxtrot—hated it at first because the first guy who taught it was so confusing I felt like an idiot!)

Then we fed movie popcorn to the geese and ducks.   In the months where it is cool enough to enjoy visits to the park, we like to feed the birds.  And why NOT get a refill of the popcorn just before leaving the movie?  The geese went wild, and we were completely encircled by birds who were thoroughly enjoying their buttery treat.

Then we went to the turtles.  For the turtles we had bought one of those GIANT bags of generic Honeycombs from Walmart (seriously… a huge bag of cereal for about $3.50).   Goodness did those turtles enjoy that!   We even saw one we called “Big Boy” because he was huge.  But instead of a rounded nose, he had a needle nose.  And his fins had claws.  We’ve never seen him before (and we go out there often).   He really enjoyed it, as did the other turtles.  The funny thing: while Big Boy was still there, the ducks would not come ANYWHERE near those turtles.  Once he left, they got brave.

Saturday, I had my hair trial.  I really love how it looks.  Sheila did a great job with it.  And she’s going to do my mom’s hair (and maybe my MOH’s hair) for $30.   (Mine is a bit higher than that…but $75 for a wedding hair style is NOT bad!)

Programs are done.  Reception music is ready.  Place cards are done.   All we really need is the license, the food, and the playlists and toasts to be printed up.

19 days to go, and I’m not in a panic – but we’ll talk when we’re in W-6 and counting.   I’m hoping I’ll still be as calm then.

No comments:

Post a Comment