Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Potpouri

A while ago at a Bridal Show, Gutter Guardian was out, and I signed up for them to come give an estimate. We've been playing hit-miss for a while, but finally got to see the system and get a quote.

Is it expensive? Yes. However, it also adds some serious value to my home, and protects my property from water damage. So it's a good investment. And these gutters are actually very pretty.

So, I ordered them. They do have a very good payment plan, and because of all the hit and misses going on, I ended up with at 20% discount on the system (Saved about $1,000 on installation). I think they will add to the resale value also, because these do have a lifetime warranty.

And: I will never have to feel guilty about the window planters I'm currently sporting as my gutter system (I'm serious. There are little green plants sprouting in them now.)

Yesterday when one of my co workers got back from lunch, she informed me that a tire was low. My fiance checked it out. NAIL. Yes, I had a blasted nail in my tire. So my sweetie put the donut on the car (my car jack is very cool, by the way. The jack crank also removes the lugnuts. And the jack fits nicely under the tire in its little hideyhole in the trunk. We also managed to locate my battery -- he's been wondering where it was since it is not anywhere obvious. The battery is in the trunk, under the mat, near the donut).

So off to the tire place (I had purchased road hazard with the tires). But they also do oil changes, so got that overwith too.

A bunch of things that need to be done, but still... cost money.

AND the candles are done! YAY!! Okay, these are really simple, I know. But still, that is one project down.

I will be using a different mirror to set them on. Michaels has some really cute etched mirrors that are actually less than the one that the candle is currently sitting on. Cannot wait to see these lit!
















Next up, Soaps. I'm anxiously awaiting the goat milk soap base that I ordered. I also got '4 leaf clover' scent, which I will be combining with a bit of chopped up lemon thyme. I may (still pondering) get some green dye and color a portion of the soap, but I'm thinking no right now. When those are done, I'll post a picture here.

So. DIY Veil (I can't post a picture) - done, DIY candles - done. We're trucking along! Of course, the dining room table looks like a craft explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment