Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wedding Planning Update

It’s been a while since I checked in… and a lot has happened, weddingwise, since the last update.


Invitations are done and the last batch is about to be dropped in the mail. I have got to actually go into the post office as this one includes the international.


This is the wedding invitation – and completely DIY. Sure, the addressing could have been a little prettier, but overall, I think they came out quite lovely!



The pirate ship has been finished and John did an amazing job on it. I think people will really love it (that and the fact that it will be filled to the brim with Nutter Butters. (Who DOESN’T love a Nutter Butter?)


I’ve had my first fitting with the seamstress – in theory, the final should be today, but I don’t know if it will be or not. We’ll see.


We’ve met with Southern Strings, and must meet with them again.


And we’ve picked out our table theme – that was actually pretty hard. We’re assigning our guests to a Clan. Our wedding party’s table will be Clan MacPherson (since one of them actually IS a MacPherson). Not sure how the rest of them will play out though just yet. I also have not decided if there will be place cards for everyone or if I’m doing a sheet stating where people are to sit. I might well put the place cards out – I just do not know yet how I’m going to arrange the seating. It will be at least SEMI assigned (meaning, assigned a table, but not necessarily a specific chair)


We’ve decided to go with Winn Dixie for catering (yes I know that sounds super exciting – grocery store and all…but they do a good job with the platters, and they have good trays. We’ll get meat tray, cheese tray, fruit tray and veggie tray… with all of the vegetarians in attendance, I do not want the meat touching the cheese – and I don’t want the cheese touching the veggies, as there is at least ONE vegan coming)


The only thing disconcerting: I really wanted to be able to invite everyone at my church—but I cannot. And I’ve been holding their invites for last, in case I got sufficient ‘no’ responses, so that I could add more to the guest list, without them feeling like they WERE B listers—because they really weren’t. I’ve said it many times. I HATE my guest list. I love my guests, but my guest list is a nuisance.


Other than the programs and the things listed above (like food and two meetings), we’re set.


OMG…. we’re getting married next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment