Saturday, April 11, 2009

Of Soaps and Songs and Sunlight

Today is going to be busy. Right now, I'm waiting on my laundry to finish drying, so that I can go to the grocery store before choir practice. And the soaps? Already made three today. I made a White Tea and Ginger -- very fragrant (see... that'll teach Bath and Body Works to discontinue my favorite scent!)...it's light, but also unisex. Basically White Tea and Ginger with loofah and goats milk. I really like the goats milk base. It's very creamy and lathers quite nicely.

The other soaps are done (yay!) and wrapped up. Now they get to sit for a while. I placed them each in a sort of cardboard soap dish, so our guests will have a place to sit them, if they choose to use them at the hotel.

And my first batch of Goat Milk & Honey soaps are finished. I just used one, and I really like it. Light, clean scent. Very sudsy.

Choir is having practice today because we have our Flower Communion tomorrow, and we're actually doing a LOT of music for that. Choir is going to be rather busy for the remainder actually. We have Flower Communion tomorrow, Earth Day next week, and then our Music Sunday is the first Sunday in May. Then we're done for the summer. But what is amazing is that we do not have a full time pianist, and our long time choir director quit (honestly, I don't blame him....it's a lot of work for a volunteer job). Unfortunately, his wife was our strong alto, and she's not been back either -- so we had to build an alto section. at the start, it looked insurmountable, but I'm really proud of what we've done over this season. We have built repertoire, taught new hymns, and had a consistent presence in the service. Not bad for a little choir of 9 and no piano.

After choir, John and I are going out to the park to ride our bikes -- and I'm picking up our picnic soon (come on dryer!). He insisted on helmets. Whatever -- anyway, I ended up buying a helmet designed for youth (8+) by Bell (It's black with pink and white flowers. Tres cute). We both got gloves. I expect to be sore again, but we'll get used to it.

Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment