Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dia duit

It's the Celtic Cat blog, so I figured I should start off with something along that vein. Dia duit mean hello in Irish. So...hello!

Upcoming Nuptuals:My fiance and I are in the process of planning our wedding (7 months, 7 days to go. wow), so you'll likely read a lot about it. I've also got to edit a bit -- he's traditional and doesn't want to know *any* details of the wedding ensemble. So you'll just have to wait until the wedding photos are posted to see it! (But I'm picking it up on Saturday.)

We're getting our rings from Marguiritte's, here in Montgomery. This is one of those rare jewelers where you get to design what you want and they will make it for you. This is actually really cool--but also a bit frustrating.
We ordered back in October -- and went to check on them in January. They had not even sent off yet. I just called today, and they still have not sent off (apparently, there were email issues with the laser engraver.) Anyway, I'm starting to get anxious. Back in October, we had a lot of time. But time is now getting shorter -- and time to get a different ring if this takes too much longer is also getting shorter.

Economy: The economy here in Montgomery is not the best. I'm sure that no one reading this is surprised. I'm doing all right, but my fiance is not faring so well. The service industry, particularly restaurants, is hurting. When people have to cut back, they cut back on the "I don't have to haves" first -- the little luxuries, like eating out every other day or once a week. When you're a server, and the floor is not full, that hurts your bottom line even more.


Cats: I have two. Gus and Sam. Sam has lately started to sleep on my laptop keyboard. NOT happy about that. On the plus side, I've learned about a lot of functions my computer has that I was not aware of. I didn't, for example, know that I had a reading software that would read the screen to me -- in English AND in French. This was interesting. However, I don't know how he did id, so it doesn't help me much.


Theatre: I am on the Board of Directors for Prattville's Way Off Broadway Theatre, and have been in three productions.

I'll probably talk about a variety of these things and more. I hope you'll join me as we explore my life as a Cat.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for Cat!! I can't wait to read up more on your wedding plans too! I hope you update often!

    ReplyDelete